Saturday, June 4, 2022

Birthday Bash ~ Home Decor piece for Creative Embellishments

Happy Saturday, creative friends! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today featuring a gorgeous Home Decor wood piece from the Creative Embellishments store. 

I've had this piece on hand for a long time and finally decided it was time to use it and hopefully inspire you! 


The Wood Doily piece is almost 12 inches in diameter. The particular birch wood that was laser cut into this intricate design has a rich, beautiful color to it, so I opted to not alter it in any way. I think the piece would look great with warm toned florals and photo but I decided to use the yellow for transition to all the cooler color tones. 

I had this cute little photo already printed out and on my desk waiting to be used. This is our granddaughter Mila Rose celebrating her birthday. 

I created a base using some 13 Arts Pastel Spring papers and ephemera along with florals to support the photo and add color.  Next I altered the Large Clock Face 4" with walnut stain and laid it across the flowers. 



Here you can see a bit of layering of my elements including the home decor piece, florals, moss, the clock face and one of the April Showers Flair



As always, I like to share a bit of the dimension of the project. 



And from the direction as well. 



The title piece is from the  Birthday Word Set and was also altered with walnut stain, some gold splattered spray and splashes of white gesso. Here you can see the other April Showers Flair button that I tucked in amongst the flower cluster. 



As we move to the right side of the project, you will note some more of the Pastel Spring ephemera and also this adorable wood veneer Bumblebee. All I did for them was ink the edges with walnut and brush a bit of Cinammon Stickles to the wings. They were popped up on foam squares. 



And there is the second Bumblebee. 

I finished the project with some gesso splattering as well as applying more of the gold metallic spray. I thought about adding art stones but decided againt it as this will probably be wall mounted. 

I have photographed on a contracting paper from the collection to give you a better idea of the intricacy of the Wood Doily. 

I think that's it for today! 
You can find all the products listed below: 

Creative Embellishments products used:

Home Decor: 

Chipboard:

Wood Veneer:

Flair Button:

Thanks for coming by! 
See you next time! 

Sandi


No comments:

Post a Comment