Friday, July 29, 2022

Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful ~ Creative Embellishments

 Hello, Creative Embellishments friends! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing my newest project as part of the Design Team. 

I'm kind of excited about this one because I'll be gifting it to one of the granddaughters. 

Hope she likes it! 

My paper selections are from 13 Arts Home Sweet Home collections. It's such a versatile and neutral collection. Definitely a fave of mine. Since the photo was actually taken last Thanksgiving, the firewood paper seemed a great choice. 

I prepped my background as usual and then applied texture with 13 Arts modeling paste and the new CE Tile Stencil 2. Color was added using the transfer technique. Later I did add more color around the focal area using a paintbrush and water. 


While that was drying, I got busy staining my chipboard with walnut stain. It seemed the best color for these papers and the theme. I did apply some custom wax made with Decoupage wax and 13 Arts Amber Color Glow.  To frame my photo, I've used the Grapevine Frame


I chose some 49 and Market florals to add to my project. Fortunately, I had just ordered some new ones! I have soooo many flowers but am always adding to my collection! Am I the only one? 



I'm loving all the CE chipboard titles but fell for this newish one called Be Your Own Kind...
As a matter of fact, I decided on the title placement as one of my first steps so that I wouldn't be trying to squeeze it in later. 



To anchor the title a bit more and draw the eye that direction, I placed the new Vintage Border 2 underneath the title. Actually, it was placed before the title. For these types of things, I love having my laser leveler. It's wonderful for making sure everything is straight. 

I finished with die cuts, a cabochon and sticker, sisal, art stones and a splattering of white gesso. 

Here are a few more close-ups: 





I'm very pleased with the final project! 

And I hope you are inspired to do some creating!!!

See you next time ... 

Sandi

Creative Embellishments products used:
Chipboard: 
Stencil: 



No comments:

Post a Comment