Sunday, July 3, 2022

Chipboard makes for Cardmaking Fun!

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans!  

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing two more Clean and Simple cards using my CE chipboard and some lovely papers from 13 Arts. The past few months have been busy, busy for me which makes working on a smaller project both fun and attainable. Hopefully, you will be inspired to create during busy times as well. 



It's been a while since I've had a play with my ATC Coins, so I pulled those out along with my newer ATC frames. There are so many great designs to choose from in the CE store. Just browse this Link and choose a few! 



For my first card, I went with my fave Family ATC Coin and paired them with the sold Artist Trading Coins to back them. My papers are 13 Arts' Queen of the Night along with some Industrial Zone. 
I altered my Family ATC Coins with 13 Arts Golden Calcite Color Glow. While that was drying, I covered my actual Artist Trading Coins with the Industrial Zone papers. 

Then I layered the more open coins on top of the solid coins, then colorized the edges before adhering to my cards. 

The right hand coin is elevated with foam squares. 



For a finishing touch, I added some sisal, Queen of the Night ephemera, a couple of florals and flat backed pearls. 



Don't you love the little heart used as dot?



I went lighter with my second card and used papers form the 13 Arts Magnolia Dreams collection. The black and white strip is from the Prima Pumpkin and Spice collection. 

For this card I chose the two frames included in the Shine ATC Frames set and painted both of them with more Color Glow using the new Labradorite color. After they were dry, I layered one on top of the other. 



The Shine frame is on the bottom while the frame with the stars is layered on top. 



To finish it up, I added sisal, florals and mire pearls. Because the chipboard design was a bit intricate, I opted not to add epehemera although you certainly could. 

There are SO many great ways to use these little coins: cards, memorydex filecards, layouts and canvas projects, even altered items. The possibilities are endless. 

Thanks for dropping by the blog today! 

See you next time! 
Sandi

Creative Embellishments products used: 




No comments:

Post a Comment