Friday, December 23, 2022

On This Day Earth Shall Ring ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans!

Sandi here with you today sharing my almost-Christmas Eve post.

I've created another oversized Tag from the Large Tag Set to document my newest favorite Christmas Carol performed recently by our Chancel Choir "On This Day Earth Shall Ring."  Written in the 15th of 16th century, it has a great, catchy rhythm and a fun juxtaposition of lyrics that somehow really amplifies the meaning of the words. It's one of those songs that you can't get out of your head.





After choosing a suitable Nativity scene photo, I looked through my stash for some Palm tree or Olive tree chipboard but found none although we do have several Palm Tree chipboard images in the Store. Sadly, those were not in my stash. However, I had recently ordered the new "Spruce Clusters" and decided to use them as my greenery in place of Palm trees.


To alter my chipboard Spruce Trees, I've used Rangers' Rustic Wilderness which is a great color. However, for the appearance of texture, I've added splattered Peeled Paint as well as some Wild Honey, both by Ranger. The trunks of the tress were altered with their Walnut Stain.

Beneath the photo, I've tucked in some green moss for additional texture as well as a few old florals. Papers and die cuts are from 49 and Market's ARToptions Holiday Wishes.


I printed out a few lines from the hymn and adhered them to some of the Holiday Wishes die cuts. I love how the lowliest of creatures are part of the Christmas story.


Of course, I wanted to add an angel, so choose one of the new "Angel Ornaments." It was altered with Walnut Stain and a metallic gold wax from Prima.


To create the illusion of rolling hills, I added the second grouping of Spruce Trees a bit higher than the others.


I used corrugated cardboard to elevate my photo and added some sisal between my layers. On the upper left of the Tag, I added one of the Flair from the "Shine Flair Gold" to represent the star of Bethlehem.


I finished with some splattering of white gesso and by adding a few flat baked pearls. At the top, I secured a bit of red crinkle ribbon. Although not my most striking piece, I am so glad that I documented something important about this particular Holiday Season.

Merry Christmas from my house to yours!

See you next time.

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 

Large Tag Set

Angel Ornaments 

Spruce Clusters 

Shine Fair Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment