Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Another Oversized Holiday Tag with Sandi ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, scrappy fans!

Thanks for dropping by my blog today. 

Sandi here with you today sharing another Oversized Large Tag from the Large Tag Set.


This time I'm featuring a photo of my mom from many years ago on Christmas Day. This was back in the days of cameras with disposable lightbulbs. We had used all out lightbulbs on Christmas morning, so we had to go outside to snap this photo. Photo credit to my 8 year old self. :) What a neat memory.


My Large Tag was altered with papers from 13 Arts Christmas Stories. After adhering and layering my papers, I dabbed the center portion of my tag with white gesso so that the focal point would be more visible as well as to add a frosty theme. My Winter Tree 3 was then mounted with corrugated cardboard to give it dimension. It was altered with Rangers Peeled Paint Spray plus ink and Fresh Balsam Mica spray. Next I added some Aleene's True Snow. After I matted my photo, I added more corrugated cardboard such that I could set in the photo of my mom in front of and to the side of the Winter Tree 3.

 

Then I moved on to colorizing my Poinsettias from the new Poinsettias which are more of a Skeleton version. They are quite nice and I love the new look! These were altered with Rangers Crackling Campfire as well as Tart Cranberry Mica Spray. The "25" from the Christmas Sentiments set was altered with Rangers Black Soot and serves as my title.


Tucked in around my photo are several Mini Berry Branches from the Mini Berry Set. These were altering in varying proportions of the Crackling Campfire and Tart Cranberry. I then used some lime green Stickles for the center of the flowers. There is some mesh ribbon tucked into this focal area as well.


The Tag was completed with die cut ephemera from Tim Holtz Christmas Botannicals and a few Prima fabric poinsettias.


Lastly, I added some seam binding and splattered white gesso in a diagonal manner. My plan was to send this to my brother as my Christmas Card for this year. Which I did and they loved it! 

Thanks agin for visiting the blog!

Wishing you a wonderful New Year! 

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 

Large Tag Set

Poinsettias

Winter Tree 3

Mini Berry Set

 Christmas Sentiments

 

No comments:

Post a Comment