Friday, January 6, 2023

Winter Wonderland Canvas Board for Creative Embellishments

Happy Friday, Creative Embellishments friends!

Sandi here with you today sharing a wintry 8x10 Canvas Board.





I began by applying Golden Crackle Medium to the canvas and letting it air dry overnight. Although I had planned an all-white project, in the end I opted to add color and applied Tim Holtz Distress Tumbled Glass Stain using water to move the color. Additionally, I used a wet baby wipe to remove color in various sections of the piece. I later did some random stamping with the retired CE Circle Bokeh Stamp and black archival ink.

While that dried, I applied white paint to the Large Butterfly Flourish #4 and set it aside to dry.

For me, the Butterfly seemed the perfect way to welcome in the New Year!

 


After adhering the Butterfly Flourish, I began to rework my original plan and opted to use a photographic ephemera from Tim Holtz's Christmas Botannicals. It's kind of the perfect dreamy photo of friends enjoying the Winter weather and one another.

Next I splattered TH Tumbled Glass Stain and Pearl Gold mist from 13 Arts. While that dried, I built up my photo layers using the beautiful 49 and Market ARToptions Holiday Wishes die cut pieces.


I had a few florals remaining from my December My Creative Scrapbook Kit and used those as texture for my piece.

 


When all the die cuts were set, I added some flat backed gold pearls, again from Idealogy.

 


Lastly, I splattered watered down white paint to complete the snowy look and to blend everything together.

 


I could probably have added more texture but reached a point where I felt the project was complete. So, I listened to my inner self and called it good.

 


Aside from my Large Butterfly Flourish, I've used no other CE chipboard which is usual for me. However, I felt the large piece could hold it's own and I just enjoyed the creative process.

 


Here is a view from the side to show you the dimension I achieved with my layers.

 


Although I'm not a fan of cold weather, I do enjoy creating a wintry look this time of year. Do you?

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!

See you next time.

Sandi



Creative Embellishments products used: 

Large Flourish Butterfly 4 

Retired Circle Bokeh Stamp


No comments:

Post a Comment