Friday, January 13, 2023

Good Night layout ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments friends!

 Sandi Clarkson here today hosting the blog and sharing a lovely new layout.  This is that odd time of year when we usually stop featuring December holiday projects but aren't quite ready for Valentine's Day makes yet. Or are you? Of course, it's a great time for Winter projects but I am leaning somewhere in between Winter and Valentines. I decided I needed to creatively say Good-bye to 2022 but also  incorporate at least one heart shaped chipboard.




I've used some older papers from 13 Arts (Under the Stars) because I love this color range and these particular papers. Earlier last summer I had to step back from the 13 Arts Design Team as far as creating due to my husband's health. I promoted every chance I got but had no time to create. So, that was another Good-bye of sorts. I've decided to go with "Good Night" as my title since this was a bittersweet farewell for me.


After selecting my papers and photo, I prepped my paper with clear gesso so that I could incorporate some stenciling with modeling paste on the lighter paper. For this I've used that Small Stars Stencil. Additionally, I did some random stamping with the retired CE Distressed Moroccan Stamp. If you still have, you know that it's a good one!


I adore CE frames and in particular the round frames like the Love Makes the World Go Round Frame. I coated it as well as my other chippies with a cream acyclic paint from the craft store.. Later I did some inking with TH Peeled Paint Ink and then a peacock metallic wax from Finnabair. Under my photo, I've added corrugated cardboard and lime green moss for texture.


The ivy twigs are from the Flourish Set 10 and were altered much the same as the frames. Here you can also see the stenciling. and a tiny bit of the stamping.


I tucked in another ivy flourish on the right side as well although I deliberately exposed a different portion of it. Near the completion of the layout, I tucked in old Petaloo florals and pearl stems.


I'm also smitten with this good sized oval frame from the Oval Ornate Frame Set. I backed it with some of my starry papers and then adorned it with florals, pearl stems, moss and later gold hologram glitter from 13 Arts. It provides balance for the focal photo and serves as a title backer.


The hologram glitter provides a nice variation of texture and sparkle to the layout. I also did a bit of paint splattering at the completion of the page. There is a very old Prima crochet embellishment tucked in on the left.


And one last look at the layout from this side.

Hopefully, you will find some inspiration on the CE blog.

We can't wait to see your creations.

For a direct shopping link to the Store, click: HERE.

See you next time!

Sandi



Creative Embellishments products used: 

Love Makes the World Go Round Frame

Flourish Set 10

Oval Ornate Frames

Small Stars Stencil

Retired Distressed Moroccan Stamp

 

No comments:

Post a Comment