Friday, January 27, 2023

Always Be Yourself ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments friends!

Sandi here with you on this lovely Friday sharing a fun, wintry layout using some of my fave chipboard pieces.



I've wanted to use this awesome photo from Unsplash for a while but it never felt quite right until now. It works perfectly with the papers I used from 49 and Market's Serenity collection.

After preparing my papers, I started with some paper tearing and layering to bring focus to the photo. I even used an old notebook punch to distress my papers even more. Likewise I added a rub-on title that is part of the paper range. Then I did some random stamping with the Retired Circle Bokeh Stamp.  Additionally I added a bit of texture using the Small Circle Stencil. For this I pushed modeling paste through the stencil and then scooped most of it away. I sometimes like that random effect.

For my frame, I've chosen the Pine Needle Frame which I altered with basic white craft paint somewhat stippled on but used heavier than I did on the Mini Leaves 6 which are tucked in amongst my florals under the photo. I also used the paint as a primer for my chipboard title pieces which come from the Everyday Word Set.

I had lots of creative fun in playing with my elements and getting them just so-so. I've used some florals from the January My Creative Scrapbook Limited Edition Kit and elevated my photo and my frame with those and with corrugated cardboard. Next I tucked in those Mini Leaves and adhered them.

I took some pains in getting my chipboard title just where I wanted it and so that the page would feel balanced. I've used TH Blue Ribbon Stain to colorize my pieces. I was able to achieve this lighter shade because my primer was white.

For the cluster on the right, I used a piece from the Distressed Clocks which were treated the same as the Mini Leaves 6. Just a light stipple of white paint. It was adorned with a floral, a subtitle strip and some pearls and sequins.

The finishing step was adding art stones all about to heighten the frosty look and to blend everything together.


Thanks so much for coming by the blog today!

See you next time ..

Sandi

Here is a link to the CE store: Shopping Link



Creative Embellishments products used:

Pine Needle Frame

Mini Leaves 6 

 Everyday Word Set

Distressed Clocks

Retired Circle Bokeh Stamp

1 comment: