Friday, June 23, 2023

Card and Tag Set for Creative Embellishments

Good morning, Creative Embellishments fans!

Sandi  here with you today sharing a fun Card and Tag Set in a clean and simple style.

It's been forever since I've created a card! You may remember that I have tons of family birthdays in June and July. So, I need to get busy creating some cards, right?



This time I've taken a slim card base in white and turned it horizontally, which is not my norm. I am really liking that format for today's design. I've used some papers and embellishments from the Simple Stories Vintage Life in Bloom collection to pair with my CE chipboard pieces. (A list of the Creative Embellishments product used is included at the end of this post.)


Let's look at the Card first. Here you will find that I've used the gorgeous Heart Lace Border as well as the Film Strip Picture Frame Set to create my card. One of my favorite ways to use my chipboard is by simply stippling it with white paint and a sponge applicator. The trick is to use a light hand and be sure that plenty of the raw chipboard is exposed. It's a fun, shabby chic touch that goes well with most papers. I added a few Simple Stories embellies and it was done. And so cute!


I added a little heart embellishments inside the last heart just for fun!


I was so glad that this image fit nicely inside the piece from the Film Strip Picture Frame Set.


Next I created my fun triple-decker tag!

I haven't created one of these in a very, very long time but I sure love it when I do. I cut my 3x6 pieces and used different punches along the bottom. Next I layer my papers and then use my cropodile to punch a hole at the top. I used the inner star chipboard piece from the Starburst Frame and covered it with a striped patterned paper from the SS Vintage Life collection. First, I laid the star on my paper and used my craft knife to make a template. However, I got pretty lucky because the knife made complete cuts and there was little left to do as far as further trimming. I used a file to distress the edges a bit and added distress ink in peeled paint so that the piece would really pop!


Here you can see the star which I elevated with cardboard. A few embellishments and some crinkle ribbon were added as my finishing touches. Love it!

I think the results are pretty cute. How about you?

Thanks for dropping by the blog today!

We appreciate you.

See you next time,

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 

Film Strip Picture Frame Set

Heart Lace Border

 Starburst Frame (insert)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment