Friday, June 9, 2023

Adventures Layout with Sandi Clarkson ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, scrappy friends!

Sandi Clarkson here today sharing a fun layout as my Design Team inspiration.

Now that Summer is nearly here in the Northern hemisphere, I opted to go fun, bright  and flowery!



I had some new Prima Spring Abstract papers and ephemera in my stash and decided it was time to give them a play! I found this fun stock photo on Unsplash and paired it with a notecard from one of the papers.

Of course, my mind was on which chippies to use and I started with the wonderful Infinite Circle Frame. This is one that I really try to always keep on hand because it is so versatile! It can go grungy, CAS, steampunk, feminine or masculine. It's simple but really makes an unassuming statement. I've altered all my chipboard pieces with Navy Blue craft paint from Folkart.

Here are the Creative Embellishments chipboard products used:

Berries 2 

Infinite Circle Frame

Washi Tape Cluster Shape 

 


After altering the Infinite Circle Frame, I adhered it to the layered page and began placing some of my florals. Next I distressed both my matted photo as well as the small notecard and positioned them on several layers of cardboard.


Along with some chosen ephemera, I tucked in some of the altered Berries 2 to mimic as floral layers. Again another chippy that is multi-purpose.

Additionally, I built up a floral layer beneath the true focal area and also added my title/subtitle pieces.


For texture, I've incorporated pearls, Art Stones and sisal.


Just a peek at the top of the Infinite Circle piece!


I love how the yellow flowers helped make my photo work.


Lastly, I added a balancing area with the help of the Washi Tape Cluster piece and a few of the common elements of the page.


I finished off the page with splattered white paint.


These pastel colors are not my normal genre but I wanted to take on that challenge for this one. And I was happily pleased with the outcome.

Thanks for coming by the CE blog today.

See you next time!

Sandi


 

1 comment: