Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Shake, shake, shake! Creative Embellishments!

Hello, everyone! 
Thanks so much for dropping by today. 

Sandi here sharing a couple of shaker cards.
I'm feeling so blessed to be back for another term here at Creative Embellishments! I love this company so, so much .. fabulous products and wonderfully awesome owners! 


You may recall that I was needing a bazillion birthday cards for June and July, so I've been busy cranking them out! 


This first lovely card was created from paper scraps and of course, my Creative Embellishments chipboard. I wanted to go with the raw unaltered chippy to create a natural look. 

After randomly using the Distressed Moroccan Stamp and brown ink on the background,  I got busy putting together the gorgeous Heart Shaker Set which includes the spacers and the acrylic needed to make a shaker. I added paper to the bottom heart shape and then assembled the next two layers before I was ready to add my beautiful shaker mix. DT member Jen Snyder introduced us to the lovely products at Buttons Galore and More and wow, they are gorgeous! Here, I've used the Unicorn mix. Lastly, I added the acrylic and top piece before deciding to gussy it up some more with a butterfly from the Flourish Butterfly Set 2. After adhering the butterfly, I dabbed it with white gesso, then added a button and twine. 

For a title or quote, I rummaged around and found this "Love" chippy from the Love Day set. This is the smaller piece. 

Here are some close-ups: 





***

Next. I made a little teddy bear card .. isn't he/she just the cutest? 


Using some vintage Romance Novel papers, I created my layered background. I was going for showcasing the yellows and golds because I wanted to use this other shaker mix from Buttons Galore and More called Safari Sunset. Originally, I was looking for a paper with some red in the pattern but opted to go this route instead. I think this teddy bear would look outstanding on some red Christmas themed paper though, don't you? 



Here is a bit of an angled shot to give you an idea of depth.
I felt that the card needed a little something else, so I opted to add a couple of buttons from the Buttons set. Once again all the chippys were left raw. I just did a bit of random inking to highlight the edges here and there. Lastly, I added a few more embellishments and my card was done!



With the help of these cute Shaker sets, your cards or projects can be completed in record time ... as long as you don't spend as much time as I do deciding on paper, lol!

Thanks for coming by today!
Our July Challenge is now live ... a color challenge this time.
Play along and have some fun.

See you next time.
Sandi



Creative Embellishments products used: 

Chipboard: 
Stamp:

2 comments: