Friday, October 14, 2022

Count Your Blessings ~ New layout for Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing my newest Autumn layout for Creative Embellishments

You may remember that I've been busy caring for my husband and have had to put my art on the back burner. But that need to create was just bubbling over, so I decided to make time for it. 

And guess what? I felt whole again. 

Creating is more than playing with pretty things; it is a way to feed one's soul and express yourself. It can be powerful medicine for the artist. 


I just adore these older Pumpkin and Spice papers from Prima Marketing and haven't had much opportunity to really use them. So, playing with them was really fun! 

This time around I went with a stock photo from Unspash to reduce the pressure of designing around a friend or family member.'s photo. A stock photo is more effortless because your imagination can go any direction. 


I started with the Fall Frame 2 which is actually a base layer for my photo. I used 13 Arts Burnt Sienna mist to alter it and then splashed some gold metallic spray over it. I stroked some fine lines to help bring definition to the leaves. Of course, per usual most of that got covered up! 

Next I double matted my photo and elevated it with multiple pieces of corrugated cardboard. 

Now, let's talk about this awesome Autumn Frame Set. I used both pieces of the set and glued them together because I wanted both the wording as well as the acorn clusters. These were altered using Tim Holtz Cracked Pistachio Oxide. I first experimented on a random piece of cardboard to ensure the color came out as I wanted. I've splashed again with the gold paint. 



After adhering the Fall Frame 2 as a base, I made a nest of ecru sisal and adhered my photo layers on that. I thought it was the perfect texture to go along with the little pumpkin basket in the photo. 



This is how the Fall Frame 2 looks along the top and under the Autumn Frame Set. 



I always love using a chipboard title when I can and as fate would have it, this Count your blessings title was in my "Autumn" folder of chipboard. Yes, I keep my chipboard organized in hanging folders. It isn't always perfect but it helps me stay somewhat organized with the abundance of chipboard I have in my stash. This piece was altered with the Burnt Sienna as well. 



Flowers almost always help my projects come together especially since I lean toward "pretty." It bring all the colors together and fills in the holes. Additionally, I added some fussy cut pieces in the lower right hand corner of the layout. 



I finished with more splashing of paint as well as adding some Art Stones and colorizing around the focal point with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. It turned out pretty good considering that I'm a bit rusty from not creating in a while. 

Hopefully,  I've inspired you to sit down and create ... just for fun! 
As Picasso said "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Thanks for coming by the blog today! 

See you next time! 
Sandi

Creative Embellishments products used: 
Chipboard: 



No comments:

Post a Comment