Friday, October 21, 2022

Autumn Memories ~ New Layout for Creative Embellishments

Hello, scrappy friends! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing my newest project for Creative Embellishments

This project has been on my desk for awhile now but I finally made an appointment with "me" to sit down and lose myself in the mystery and wonder of the creative process. 

Anyway, I wanted to create using Autumn colors and chose this sweet photo of my twin grandsons back when they were small, walking in the leaves. So cute! 

For my papers, I've used 13 Arts awesome Industrial Zone collection. I really didn't do any mixed media this time outside of some random stamping with the Circuit Stamp and brown archival ink from Ranger. Because I had settled on using some burlap ribbon for my background, I felt that stenciling with modeling past might be too much. Same with focal color. 



But I was more than ready to get after my Autumn themed chipboard, that's for sure! 
I gave everything a good coat of walnut stain from Ranger and then used custom metallic wax along with some Tim Holts distressed oxide inks from Ranger for color: Wild Honey and Crackling Campfire. 



To bring the eye to my photo, I used the Circular Twig Frame which created a bit of a base for some of my other elements. I always enjoy creating with the Acorn Clusters this time of year, so I placed 2 of those on top of the frame using foam squares for dimension. 



Before going too far, I added a few pieces of Industrial Zone ephemera here and there for balance and interest. I was careful to tuck in the ATC that says "Autumn" before adhering my Acorn Cluster on the right of the photo. This ATC as well as the one on the far right of the page, are from the Autumn Artist Trading Coins set. I decided to cut and offset the Coin on the right and made a little cluster with leaves from the Branch and Leaves set. I scattered a few more of those leaves around the focal area. 



And of course, I needed some flowers, right? 
I chose some from the Rustic Bouquet, Marigold set by 49 and Market. 
Perfect colors and texture for my piece. 



I finished with some gold microspheres from 13 Arts and some flat-backed pearls from BoBunny. 


Here are a few more close-ups: 






I hope you feel inspired to create regardless of your circumstances. 
Creative Embellishments products used are listed below. 

Thanks so much for dropping by the blog today!  

See you next time,

Sandi



Creative Embellishments products used: 

No comments:

Post a Comment