Tuesday, November 1, 2022

End of Summer ~ Creative Embellishments Canvas Board

Hello, scrappy friends! 

Sandi Clarkson hosting the blog today and sharing my newest project with you. 



I was in the mood to create a canvas and knew I wanted to do something Autumn themed. So, I grabbed a thin canvas board from my stash and covered it with Rice paper from the older 13 Arts End of Summer collection using Ranger's Distress Collage Medium. After that was dry, I added some Distress Crackle Paste and let that air dry. 



While the Crackle paste was drying, I started selecting and altering my chipboard pieces. For a frame, I choose the leafy vine frame and altered it with Ranger's Distress Mica Stain in Irongate. It became my bottom layer. Then I went on the hunt for something with berries but while I was looking, I came across my stash of Baby's Breath and decided to save the berries for another time. I altered the Baby's Breath with Burning Embers Mica Stain. One thing I really like about these stains is that I get full chipboard coverage with one spray. Plus, they shine! 



My die cut ephemera is also from the 13 Arts End of Summer collection. These were added during the creative process. 



In search of a little something novel to add, I chose the awesome engraved chipboard Tree Rings. I need to order more of these! They are so interesting and provide texture for your projects. 




Next, I chose an Autumn Themed flair from the Fall Flair Buttons and positioned it as above. 
Feeling the need for more texture and something to brighten the photo, I added some older golden fabric Petaloo florals and tucked them in a few spots. 



I completed the piece with a little vignette on the lower left, altering the Tree Ring with some gold wax. I had already added gold color around my focal area, but felt that it needed more, so I enhanced with a deeper hue. 



Gold microspheres and Black Soot stain splatters were the finishing touches! 

This was a fun, relaxing piece to create and will make a great home decor piece until it's time to decorate for Christmas. 

Thanks for stopping by the blog today. 
See you next time ... 

Sandi



Creative Embellishments products used: 
Chipboard: 
Flair:

No comments:

Post a Comment