Friday, November 18, 2022

The Best is Yet to Come ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, everyone! 

Thanks for stopping by the blog today. 

Sandi Clarkson here with you sharing my newest project for the Creative Embellishments store. 


This sweet layout was created using the 49 and Market ARToptions, Holiday Wishes paper collection. 
I haven't played along with a sketch challenge lately, so I'm taking advantage of the November sketch challenge at My Creative Scrapbook. It's a great one by Laura Creates. Sometimes I need to get out of my comfort zone and sketches help so much in that regard. Photo are of a couple of the grandkids and are printed three times as per the sketch. 

Here is the November sketch from My Creative Scrapbook:



And now for a bit about my process. 


Firstly, I tackled the title piece The Best is yet to Come as well as the Berry Wreath. These were altered much the same .. but honestly, they were 4 or 5 colors before I was happy with the end result. I finally saved the day by adding some Tim Holtz Ranger Fossilized Amber Stain to them. So, if you are struggling just know that it happens to all of us. Usually, I am able to save the project. But not always. 



I did add some color to the berries with Ranger's Tart Cranberry Mica Stain. It turned out a little messier than I would have liked but it's really okay as the printed pattern paper is somewhat muted and watercolor-y. 



I am totally smitten with the new Leafy Cluster. Firstly I covered these with gesso and then added Rangers Peeled Paint Spray Stain as well Peeled Paint ink. I can see that I'll be needing more of these chippys! 

I'm also loving this little embellishment cluster at the bottom of this photo. The 49 and Market ephemera and laser cuts offer so mch! 



The gold microbeads were added next and lastly. I did some splattering with white gesso. It's cloudy outside and I seem to have trouble photographing the shine of the microbeads but it's grand! 
Love the added poinsettias from the laser cuts pack.
It's hard to see but I also did a bit of stenciling around the focal area with the new Retro Stencil and added white ink through the corner of the stencil. Very faint but does add dimension.

That's all from me today! 
CE Products used are listed below. 

Hope you are getting your Thanksgiving planned if you are from USA. 
Don't eat too much! 

See you next time, 
Sandi

Creative Embellishments products used: 

Chipboard: 

The Best is yet to Come

Leafy Cluster

Berry Wreath

Stencil: 

Retro Stencil


No comments:

Post a Comment