Friday, November 11, 2022

Veteran's Day Tribute ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, scrappy friends! 

Sandi Clarkson hosting the blog again today and sharing my newest project with you. 

Since today is Veteran's Day here in the USA, I've scrapped an old photo of my Dad, my much loved and all-time favorite veteran! 


I prepared my background with clear gesso and then added some texture with paper layering and by stenciling through the Small Circles Stencil with modeling paste. Later I colorized the modeling paste with Rangers Uncharted Mariner stain using a transfer technique. Additionally, I did some random stamping using the retired Creative Embellishments Fishnet Stamp and brown archival ink. Papers used are 13 Arts In Love collection. The colors in this collection are great for beach or nautical themed projects. 


The base layer of the focal area was created using the amazing Old World Map (medium) which I altered with  Rangers Unchartered Mariner Spray Stain. While I was already working with the Unchartered Mariner stain, I also altered my title piece from Sands of Time. I used white ink to distress the edges of the title piece. 


Because I wanted to allow time for my chipboard to dry, I went ahead and altered my Seaweed 2 set with a layer of Rangers Crackling Campfire Oxide Spray, followed by a bit of Tart Cranberry Distress Mica Stain for interest. These pieces were used alongside my photo and also as a base for my title area. 


I built up layers in the focal area by using 3 pieces of corrugated cardboard under my photo as well as by using some torn cheesecloth. Further texture and dimension was added using 49 and Market florals, Creative Embellishments Wood Veneer Nautical pieces and Art Stones. The three Wood Veneer pieces come in a set of 6 of the same piece. Mine were distressed with a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I used: Boat Wheel (set of 6)Nautical Star (set of 6) and Compass Rose Set of 6


My layout was completed with some random splatters of Rangers Picket Fence Spray. 


One last close-ups for you: 


Thanks so much for coming by the blog today. 

We appreciate your interest in Creative Embellishments products! 

To visit the store, you can follow my link: 

CE Store


See you next time! 

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 

Chipboard: 

Old World Map (medium)

Sands of Time

Seaweed 2

Wood Veneer:

Boat Wheel (set of 6)

Nautical Star (set of 6)

Compass Rose Set of 6

Stencil:

Small Circles Stencil

Stamp:

retired Fishnet Stamp


No comments:

Post a Comment