Friday, March 3, 2023

Bold and Beautiful for Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans!
Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing another pretty layout that can hopefully inspire you to create something of your own.

This time I tried doing another monochromatic look and choose mainly Plum/Wine/Purple tones. I also mimicked last week's method of choosing a panel chipboard piece, a frame (or two) and then chipboard accents to tuck in here and there.



 
My photo is from Tumblr or Unsplash and works perfectly with my primary chipboard frame. The silver tones work well with the darker hues surrounding it.


 For my base layer I chose the Heart Panel 2 which was altered with 13 Arts Violet Ink which is a very dark saturated color.  I opted to use 2 frames this time and the one beneath my photo is the Out of this World Frame. You can barely see it here but I mention that because it was the order of my process. I altered that frame with Distress Oxide Spray in Picked Raspberry.

After readying my photo with a photo mat and mounting squares, I painted the Feather and Beads Frame  using Distress Paint in Seedless Preserves. I also had fun altering the look by applying droplets of the previous Oxide color and swishing with water to achieve the oxidized look.



I had 5 feather pieces from the Feathers set that I layered into my focal point. Three of them were altered with Distress Spray Stain in Kitsch Flamingo without any prep to the chipboard. They looks more pink IRL but I had fun just experimenting and skipped the gesso prep. The other 2 feathers were altered with 13 Arts Woodbine Chalk mist and you can visualize one of those here. Although not quite in my color palette, they do blend with the beautiful 49 and Market Plum Grove papers that I used.

 

Here you can see the Out of this World Frame just a bit better, as well as the Heart Panel 2. Since my panel was already irregular, I saw no need to cut it apart.



I love how the Feathers soften the look of the focal area and wanted them to really stand out. Thusly, I omitted adding any fibers such as moss or sisal.  I did have some merlot florals from 49 and Market which I've used here but the larger floral was just the best I could find last night without going to greater lengths. I think it works fine given my floral layering papers with the florals at the top.



To balance my layout, I added a cluster to the lower right hand area of the layout and added a title piece. Lots of foam to pop up the layers.



I added in a bit of ephemera from the Plum Grove collection as well as a few neutral parchment florals also from 49 and Marlet.



Here is a side view to show the page dimension which is actually flatter than my norm. Ha! Additionally, I added my butterflies after taking this photo. Taking photos of your work can very often help you see what is missing from your project that you might overlook in the moment of creating.
 


I finished with some splattered white paint and a few purple/plum flat backed pearls.
Thanks so kindly for dropping by the blog today! Let me know if you are inspired to use a monochrome theme!
 
See you next time!
Sandi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment