Friday, March 17, 2023

Together Forever layout for Creative Embellishments

Hello, CE fans!

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing a lovely shabby chic layout using a few chippies and some pretty patterned paper from Prima Marketing.





I've had this photo printed out for quite some time waiting for just the right time, right papers etc. Do you pile up photos waiting for the perfect whatever? I sure do.

Anyway, these Love Notes papers from Prima Marketing called for something really special. I adore this photo of some of my grands during a family photo shoot several years ago. This was right before they left for the mission field in Ecuador. That cute baby girl just turned 7 years ago! How can that be?


I thought that with the light colored papers and subdued flowers that some dark chipboard would help ground the project. So, I altered my chipboard pieces with Walnut Stain. However, the wood veneer Heart Clusters were left bare. I love the beauty of the wood veneer all by itself.


Along both sides of my photo. I placed my altered Heart Pieces. On the left I've used the outlined ones and on the right, I used the solid. Much of them got covered up by flowers et cetera but my philosophy is that chipboard (or any embellishment, really) is made for using! The layering of them is what provides texture and interest. It's similar to NOT being afraid to cut into your favorite patterned paper. Use it, folks! Use it!

 

Here we have one of the wood veneer Heart Clusters I mentioned in the beginning. I also used some little heart pieces from that package near my title and also on the right of my photo.


Here is that cluster on the right. So fun, so layered! I've added in some pearls and other die cut ephemera as well as a die cut doily.


My title piece is from the  Together Forever set which include 2 sets of different sizes. The little teeny tiny wood veneer heart looks so cute added in there!


And this last photo just shows some of my layering of papers, floral, chipboard and other elements.

Once I had the basic design figured out, this layout went together really quickly. Figuring out the layering of multiple patterns can take some concentration and often some fussy cutting, huh?

That's it from me today.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

There are all kinds of Love and Heart-themed chippies in the Creative Embellishments Store. I encourage you to stop by if you are in the market for scrappy supplies!

See you  next time!

Sandi  



No comments:

Post a Comment