Friday, March 24, 2023

Bee Kind ~ Altered Tag for Creative Embellishments!

Happy Friday, scrappy fans!

 Sandi Clarkson  here with you today sharing my latest project for Creative Embellishments. It's been a few months since I created anything on one of the Large Tags from the CE store. They are one of my favorite substrates as they are 5.5 inches by 10 inches which provides plenty of room for creating!




 

Before we get into all the process details, here is a list of the CE products used for your reference:

Creative Embellishments products used:

Large Tags 

Chicken Wire Panel 

Birdhouses 

Flourish Dragonflies. 


I began by selecting my papers from 49 and Market's Countryside collection. Since Spring arrived here in Texas, I was really drawn to the green, yellow and black color combination. I sanded some of the edges here and there for a weathered look. 

 


I used a great photo to compliment the papers and got busy selecting  the additional chipboard pieces. I first thought of using everything in its raw, unaltered state but then opted for a light wash of walnut stain over everything except the tag itself.

 


I've really gotten back in to using the 6x6 panels and went with the Chicken Wire Panel for this piece. I cut it apart and used it to enhance the other elements and to serve as a base layer.

I used a ton of yellow Prima flowers to support everything including this sweet tag with the bee! 

 


I also tucked in some Olive green florals from 49 and Market as well as some cheesecloth. 

 


For whimsy, I added the sweet Flourish Dragonfly from the set of 3. Then I layered a subtitle piece over it. So cute! 

 


Additionally, I made use of the little pieces inside the hexagon chicken wire and added then randomly.

 


There are so many sweet pieces that go along with this collection, so I've added a second bee to layer over a die cut floral.

 

 

Lastly, I splattered Prima's Color Bloom in Gold Foil to blend everything and make my project glisten a little. For once, I opted not to use any further art stones or texture other than cheesecloth which was tucked here and there as well as some crinkle ribbon. 

 

That's it for me today!

I hope you like this one as much as I do.

See you next time,

Sandi


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment