Friday, April 7, 2023

Terra Cotta with Sandi Clarkson ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fan!

Sandi here with you today sharing my first project for April, 2023.

I've gone with another monochromatic theme (probably my last for awhile). Although my original plan was to go with coral, my colors actually lean more toward terra cotta or a reddish coral.




Let's start with the CE product list for your convenience.

Creative Embellishments Products: 

Scribbles 

Lace Border 6 

Fancy Filigree Flourish 

 Infinite Circle Frame

Doily Border 

Small Circles Stencil

After finding a paper that would suit my coral scheme, I began choosing some chipboard pieces to use and this time chose a doily border, a frame, a lace border and a couple of favorite flourish type items.

My pieces were then altered using Tim Holtz Saltwater Taffy and Abandoned Coral using mostly paints but added in are some stains and oxide products as desired.  As I mentioned earlier I had planned more of a saltwater taffy look but needed more contrast against my paper.

My photo was chosen last, only because my original photo was color and quite busy. I had really wanted to use that first photo but sadly it will have to wait. Photo credit: AP.

Paper are from 13 Arts Magnolia Dreams and flowers are all 49 and Market. I did some stencil work and mixed media on my background papers


This was one of those projects that really wore me down. I struggled through all of it! However, late in the game, I realized it was the original photo I was fighting against. Also, my artistic self realized that this is not perhaps the greatest stand-alone color. But it looks amazing when used with denim blue! So, keep that in mind as you create if your taste runs like mine.

See you next time!

Thanks for stopping by!

Sandi


 

No comments:

Post a Comment