Friday, April 28, 2023

Thankful Layout ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans!

Sandi  here with you today sharing my newest project using some amazing products from the online CE store.



I've been itching to scrap this stock photo and thought it would pair nicely with some papers form Prima Marketing's Peach Tea and Farm Sweet Farm collections. I started with some paper tearing and then prepped my paper with clear gesso to lay down some texture using modeling paste and the CE Rivet Stencil. Normally I colorize my stenciling but this time I opted to just have the texture.


Next, I altered my chosen chipboard pieces with a combination of Shimmerz Palm Reader Vibez and Ranger Distress Spray stain in both Peeled Paint and then Rustic Wilderness. It gave a nice marled appearance to the chippys and the Shimmerz adds that nice golden shimmer to the color that I quite like.


And you are probably wondering about my chipboard pieces, huh?

Here is that product list:

Daisy Flourishes

Wild Foliage 2

and the Riveted Stencil

 

To complement my work I've added some of the oh so gorgeous Olive Royal Sprays from 49 and Market. There are also a few Prima Peach Tea rose blossoms tucked in here and there to fill out the composition.


For more texture I've added some flat-backed pearls and some Say It In Crystals from Prima.


When the layout was nearing completion, I splattered some of the Rustic Wilderness green stain as well as an older Heidi Swapp Shine in Gold. This gave my chipboard pieces some additional dimension.


I debated on adding some moss or other fibers under my focal area but decided that they might compete with the stems of the chipboard flourishes. Did I make the right call in your opinion?

Thanks for coming by the Creative Embellishments blog today. I hope you found some inspiration that you can use in your creative happenings!

See you next time!

Sandi 



No comments:

Post a Comment