Friday, May 12, 2023

Heart Motif with Lucy ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments friends!

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing another heart-themed project created with the Large Heart Chippy as my base. 





For today's project I've used the Large Heart chippy and altered it with packaging from the 49 and Market Serenity collection, specifically the 72 piece ephemera pack. I used a pencil to draw around the heart chippy, cut it out and then adhered it to the chipboard piece. The packaging is kind of shiny but for my purposes, that was okay. Next I used the Heart Bokeh Stencil and modeling paste to give my piece some texture. Per usual most of it got covered up but hey, that's okay by me. I know it's there and it added to my creative pleasure.



After the modeling paste was good and dry, I transferred some color to the heart using cello packaging. Using my heat gun to dry, I was careful to not overheat the packaging. While all of that was drying, I altered my fave Heart Motif with literally all the blue-green colors in the Distress range. Altering is a little like cooking soup, a bit of this and then a bit of that until satisfied with your outcome, I will say that Salvaged Patina was the hero in this work, along with Black Soot.



I adhered that Heart Motif on the upper left of the heart shape even though it covered some of the modeling paste shaped hearts. It's just a much-loved Valentine favorite of mine and I just had to use it.



I had printed off a vintage photo of Lucille Ball because  .. everybody loves Lucy, right? So I built up the photo layers with corrugated cardboard, ephemera and cheesecloth. Then I mounted that to the heart. Before adding all the florals, I worked on the last chipboard piece, the Love Lock and Key Border Set. This set was altered the same as the Heart Motif except that I did not add black. After tucking this in and adhering it, I was ready to add the florals.



Lastly, I covered my photo and splattered black paint on the piece. And because I'm learning as I gift these pieces, I painted the back side of the tag with Tumbled Glass paint. Now it is ready for gift-giving and is not bare on the backside. 


(She sure made us all laugh, didn't she?) 



(There are those stenciled hearts, right there!)

 

And that's a wrap!

Thanks for coming by the CE blog today!

Here is a link to the store: Shopping Link

 

See you next time!

      Sandi


No comments:

Post a Comment