Friday, May 19, 2023

Creativity is Contagious ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, scrappy friends!

 Sandi Clarkson  here with you today sharing my newest Design Team project created for Creative Embellishments.



I've been wanting to create a little something with this Vintage Artistry Countryside paper from 49 and Market. It's actually the B side of "Homestead." But I really do like it! Next I wanted to choose a frame for my main photo and while looking through my stash, I decided to multiply my photos x 3 and also use the smaller Mint Box frames that I like so much!

Creative Embellishments products used: 

Berry Frame 4 

Mint Box Flourish Frame Set 2

Creativity Quote

Small Hexagons Stencil 

After adding a torn paper from Prima's Farm Sweet Farm, I applied clear gesso to my papers. When that dried, I did some stencil work with the Small Hexagons Stencil and modeling paste. While the paste was a drying, I altered my chipboard frames with Rangers Peeled Paint distress paint. Later I added some tonal quality by dabbing with some Peeled Paint in the Ink version. The ink was also used to add color to my stenciled areas using the transfer method. I used it again to darken the berries on the Berry Frame.


After matting my photos, I set about creating a nice repeating design. When I was happy with the design, I adhered everything to corrugated cardboard and adhered my photos. The primary photo in the center was elevated with multiple layers of cardboard.  Additionally, I added some ephemera from the paper collection. Before adding any florals, I tucked in some lime green moss to create a natural, outdoorsy look.


Placing my flowers is always the fun part for me! They add the perfect textural element that most of my projects call for. I thought the 49 and Market Tomato flowers were a nice complimentary color against my greens. I tucked in some small butterflies for a finished look.


My title pieces were altered with Rangers Rustic Wilderness and then placed in the open areas under the photos. Although this separated the actual wording, I liked the placement for this design. The Quote actually reads Creativity is Contagious, Pass it On.


I completed my project with paint splatters, pearls and art stones.


Thank you so much for dropping by the Creative Embellishments blog today!

Click here for a link to the Store: Creative Embellishments

See you next!

Sandi


 

No comments:

Post a Comment