Friday, April 14, 2023

Where the Green Grass Grows ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans!

 Sandi here with you today sharing another fun-to-create layout!




I am still enjoying creating with papers from the 49 and Market Countryside range. Just can't get enough of these cheerful sunflowers to coordinate with some of my favorite chipboard pieces!

Creative Embellishments products used: 

Doily Frame 

Leafy Cluster

Grass Set

Bumblebees


After prepping my papers, I did a bit of stamping with a Finnabair checkerboard stamp and black archival ink. I opted against using any modeling paste or thought I could add that at the end if I thought I needed it.


The first chippy that I reached for was the beautiful Doily Frame that has been around since about 2014. I even decided to cut my stock photo into a round shape so that I could capitalize on the circular configuration. I painted the Frame with Tim Holtz Wild Honey Paint.


I knew I wanted to also include the Leafy Cluster pieces (shown further down the post) which were painted with Peeled Paint and then topped with Shimmerz Vibez Palm Reader mist which gives a nice, golden shine. The above photo gives us a view of the wood veneer Bumblebees (which I love) as well as some grassy pieces which is exactly what they are! As I was searching through my Summer file folder looking for the bees, I stumbled on the Grass Set and thought they were perfect for a little texture!


Plan A was to add a mossy green grass from the craft store but I like how wispy the grass pieces are and this project demonstrates how to think outside the box when using your chipboard stash. Look at the shapes and use then more as layering pieces or however you choose rather than just as stand-alone pieces.


Now we are on the right side of the photo and can get a better look st the 49 and Market florals and those lovely Leafy Clusters. These are fairly new to the CE store and I am really loving them!


For my title I've gone with a die cut from the Countryside paper range. It says "Where the Green Grass Grows."  I had fun layering in my florals and miscellaneous pieces.


I added another Grass Set piece on the upper side of the Doily frame to fill in a blank space there. The Leaves and Grass were all altered as mentioned above.


And here is a more straight on shot of the 2 pieces of Leafy Clusters that I used. There are 3 in a pack, I believe. And don't you just love the sweet Die Cut bee? I popped a few of these up on foam squares.

So summery, so fun! I hope you like my composition!

Thanks for coming by the blog today!

Here is a link to the Creative Embellishments Store: CE Store

See you next time!

Sandi



 

No comments:

Post a Comment