Wednesday, March 13, 2019

13 Arts Canvas Panel ~ featuring Color Glow

Hello, 13 Arts fans!

Today on the 13 Arts blog, a few of the Design Team members are featuring  our Color Glow product  which has been on the market for about a year.

These babies by Marta Debicka are so fun to work with! They are a metallic paint powder, highly lustrous and create wonderful pigmented watercolor effect. You can mix with water first or sprinkle and then add water for a different effect. They are available in 6 colors.

There are so many ways to use them. You can:

1. Mix them with water and use like water paints for example to color the stamps 
2. Spray your surface with water and then paint with wet brush and some powder.
3. Sprinkle with some powder and then spray with water.
4. Mix them with Gel Medium to have a shiny paste great to use with stencils 
5. Mix them with liquid medium to get amazing acrylic paint effects on your projects 
6. Mix them with transparent wax to get a colorful one. 

The more water you add the lighter color you achieve and the powder will dissolve more.


I opted to play around with a primed canvas panel since I did a layout for the Challenge. I chose to focus on the COLOR GLOW Ruby color and selected some other products to compliment the Ruby which is so vibrant!

To start I pushed Modeling Paste through a couple of beautiful stencils that I thought worked nicely together: Rose Fields Text Stencil and the Wonderful Nature Stencil. While the paste was drying, I moved on to my chipboard pieces (Aqua Flora Chipboard Set and other) and painted them with Matte Black Ayeeda Paint.

After sorting through my papers, I selected some of the notecards from the AQUA FLORA A4 Elements to be my focal background for my photo.



Next it was time to get messy, so I began with the COLOR GLOW Ruby and applied it slightly differently in each corner to watch the effects. I followed that with some of the gorgeous Ayeeda Inks,  Olive Green Water Ink and Brown Water Ink. I sprayed with water and let it run until it looked nice. So luscious! 

Of course, when dry I did some random stamping with 2 parts of the Numbers Stamp.



For some extra shine on the Color Glow product and around, I used Gel Medium to adhere the Violet Hologram Glitter.

Now it was time to layer and assemble all my pieces.



For blending everything, I used some of the Matte White Ayeeda Paint versus gesso which I thought might disappear too much. I finished with some Decorative Dried Clover and a few flowers from my stash.

The great thing about canvases and mixed media, is that canvases are perfect for playing, experimenting and not worrying about getting it right or wrong.

I hope you'll head on over to the 13 Arts Blog and see what the other designers have created!

Thanks for stopping by!



13 Arts products used:
Decorative Dried Clover

product from Creative Embellishments:


2 comments: