Friday, March 1, 2019

13 Arts Challenge March Challenge ~ my first 13 Arts DT project

Hello, 13 Arts fans!
.. And I am totally over the moon today sharing my first project for 13 Arts!

The 13 Arts Design Team has some inspiration projects on the blog today for the gorgeous March Challenge. You just need to be inspired by the Mood Board and use at least one 13 Arts product on your project.


I created a soft, sublime layout featuring the new On the Wall collection with lots of 13 Arts mediums. This sweet couple has a wedding anniversary this month, so I took inspiration from the gold wedding bands and the monochromatic colors.

My paper collection is quite extensive at this point, yay! But for this project, I chose to work with the On the Wall Collection. Per usual, I started by background with a coat of 13 Arts Clear Gesso applied using the Oval Silicon Brush. Then for depth and interest, I pushed 13 Arts White Gesso through the Blizzard of Hearts Stencil. I decided on the white gesso versus modeling paste as it is quite thick and I love the bright white color. I was not at all fearful that the other medium would thin it down once dry.




The next step was to add some color to the background with Amber Color Glow. And of course, I followed that with some random stamping using the Rose For You Stamp. Once my background was dry, I could proceed to my other elements.

You can see here where I took the "Beautiful Together chipboard from the Chipboard set Rose Fields and applied the Rust Effect Powder ~ Rusty Broze to it and activated it with vinegar. This takes about 24 hours to air dry which was fine as I had other projects to work on. However, once this piece was ready, I broke it onto sections and placed it all around the focal point instead of using it as one piece. Note the awesome Gold Microspheres (my fave) and the addition of the Colored Grit Grey Light for more texture all around the focal areas. These were adhered with 13 Arts Gel Medium.




I chose a few more pieces of chipboard from the Chipboard set Rose Fields and left them raw.
Then it was time to add my florals and a few other items. Flowers are a mix of 13 Arts Flowers
and Mixture of 13Arts Flowers on a bed of gauze tinted with the Amber Color Glow.




The final touches along with the texture elements was to add the Stitches Stickers ~ Alice and Vintage Moments word Stickers A4 and splatter with the White Splash Ink and the Amber Color Glow.

Here is the lovely March Mood Board. All the details for entering are on the 13 Arts blog. I hope you can find time to play along!



See you next time!



13 Arts Products used: 

2 comments: