Monday, February 1, 2021

"Isn't She Lovely" layout for Creative Embellishments

 Welcome to February the "Month of Love." 

This month the challenge at Creative Embellishments  is to create a project using black, white and one other color. I chose to work with a pale teal color as my extra color choice. My inspiration was a stock bridal photo from Flickr. 


I don't normally use a lot of blue in my projects. I lean more toward teal or turquoise, so I added a smudge of turquoise to my pale blue 13 Arts paint.

Because I really wanted the chipboard frames to pop out against the busy black and white papers, I decided against doing any significant mixed media work. I love how the CE Heart Doodle Frames dance down the page. They were embellished with sisal, florals and some of the CE wood veneer Conversation hearts. 

My title is the Isn't She Lovely title sentiment (links below.) 

After a bit of random stamping with CE's Distressed Crackle Stamp, a final splatter of watered down white gesso made this layout complete. 

Here are some close-ups for you: 







This was a fun and unique challenge. We hope you enjoy it and play along! 

I can't wait to see your take on the February Challenge. 

Here is the Challenge photo: 


Black and white plus one! 


Thanks for dropping by! 

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used are: 

Heart Doodle Frames, 

Isn’t She Lovely

Conversation Hearts  

Distressed Crackle Stamp. 


Papers and medium are 13 Arts: 

Blue Magnolia

Aqua Flora 

1 comment:

  1. Oh so beautiful.. love the hearts and what a pretty color the teal blue is too!

    ReplyDelete