Monday, February 15, 2021

"Some Kind of Wonderful" mixed media canvas ~ 13 Arts

 Hello, 13 Arts fans! 

Sandi here with you today sharing a new mixed media canvas for my 13 Arts solo inspiration for this month. Because it is February and the month of love, I decided to use this stock bridal photo (Flickr) and coordinate it with my papers and embellishments from the Sunrise collection. 


I began with a layer of modeling paste that was thickened with the Magic Powder (now known as texture paste), and let that dry overnight to obtain the crackle effect. Because I knew that I would be applying rice paper, I did a try thin application of texture paste across the diagonal section from top left to bottom right. 
Once that was dry, I applied my 3 mist colors as base layers and later went back and defined that area more thoroughly. I just wanted to ensure that there was color underneath the Sunrise rice paper. 



After tearing a section of the Rice paper and adhering it with gel medium, I began layering up my focal area. The papers in the Sunrise collection are SO beautiful! I did use a bristle brush to tamp the rice paper and secure in over the crackled layer. 
I was also glad that Aida include some Flair and paper clips in the last release. It adds another degree of texture that I crave. 



For additional texture, I added in some loose black threads. Of course, I just had to add in some florals. You may have noticed that my florals have gotten smaller and had less emphasis over the last few months. I still love the soft texture they provide but they aren't stealing the show anymore either! 



One of my favorites from 13 Arts has always been the microbeads. Here I've used the Gold microspheres. The little automobile is from the Bella ephemera collection. 



I always like to show a dimensional view as projects are always so much prettier IRL than what the camera replicates. 



One last photo! 
I splattered with white gesso and 13 Arts Pastel White mist and a bit of Gold glitter acrylic paint. 

Thanks for coming by today! 
If you need some retail therapy, please visit the 13 Arts Store Here
Also, if you are in the USA, please visit BlueMoon scrapbooking right Here. Their variety runs lows from time to time but they do carry 13 Arts products! 

See you next time! 

Sandi



No comments:

Post a Comment