Friday, February 19, 2021

Still sweet on Valentines? ~ Cards with Sandi Clarkson

 Hello Creative Embellishments fans! 
Sandi here with you today sharing a couple of sweet cards. 


This time I focused on doing one large chippy per card using different techniques on each. 
I also chose a color palette that is out of my norm and caused me to have to think little and get really creative. :) 



This card features the Flying Heart and was altered with my 13 Arts watercolors and a bit of Old Silver wax at the end. 
For interest, I embellished it with items from the Poetic Rose paper collection. In addition, I used a small amount of pink Stickles for glimmer. 



I elevated the focal area with some corrugated cardboard. And I love how that looks! 



Lastly, I splattered some watered down white gesso for blending. 

***


The next card features the original Heart Dangle. There are several heart dangles in the CE store but this would be #1 although it carries no number. 

This chippy was sprayed with walnut mist and then dabbed with some Old Silver wax. Not being satisfied with that, I added some Bronze. So overall, the item got a little more coverage than I had planned but it looks really great against these papers. (Please excuse these photographs as we are under a Winter Storm watch and the skies are so gloomy.) 



Here is a little view of this cutie. 
I've used the same paper collection on both cards and just changed my layers around. 



Again, I've used that gesso splattering to blend. 

In addition to the miserable weather, I've been suffering with a cracked tooth and will need a root canal as soon as the weather and infection permits. There was a terrible 100 car pile-up near us this morning and it certainly reminds us to be careful on the roads. 

So, if you are bundled up inside, maybe you will have time to create a few new cards! 

Thanks for coming by the blog today! 
See you next time! 

Sandi



Creative Embellishments products used: 






1 comment: