Wednesday, February 10, 2021

"Lucy" Beauty and Strength Layout for Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing a "Lucy" layout featuring an old photo of Lucille Ball.

 For my papers, I've selected some 13 Arts Victoriana papers and ephemera. 


I brought definition to the focal area by adding some white gesso on my background paper. I also used the Creative Embellishments Distressed Circle Stencil  to create a design using modeling paste from 13 Arts which is very white. 

For my chipboard treatment, I did some heat embossing using Stampendous Aged Gold embossing powder.  I rarely use embossing powder these days, so that was a refreshing way to alter my chipboard.  I like to leave a bit of the Aged Gold not so melted if you will. That gives it more of a textured appearance versus being shiny gold. 



To being attention to my photo, I placed the Feeling the Love Frame around the photo. Before adhering the layered photo to my background, I placed and adhered the solid Heart Pieces right where I wanted it in relation to the focal area. 




The remainder of the composition was layering of all my elements and then splattering of paint in white, black, gold and silver. 
The Victoriana ephemera was perfect for these papers and the overall theme of "Beauty and Strength."




This photo helps show you the texturing effect I get when I use a more controlled heat embossing technique. 




I love the Distressed Circle Stencil and use it frequently on my Lucy layouts for a consistent look for all of them. 



Just a quick layered view to show some of the dimensions achieved with multiple layers of corrugated cardboard and foam tape. 

That's about it for today! I hope you feel empowered to relax, create and see where your imagination takes you! Product links are listed below. 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Sandi

Creative Embellishments products used:

Feeling the Love Frame

Heart Pieces

Distressed Circle Stencil


2 comments:

  1. Wow this looks amazing! I love the gold hearts the circle elements on the back ground.. and the layers under the photo... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to come to your blog to read the details about this stunningly gorgeous layout of Lucy! You really always give her justice with your creations! I LOVE the 'controlled' (as you said) heat embossing. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete