Thursday, March 18, 2021

Mr Handsome DL sized cards for 13 Arts

 
Hello, 13 Arts fans! 
Sandi here with you today sharing my latest creation for 13 Arts! 
Today we are doing a group posting of projects created with the new Mr Handsome collection. 


I've been loving the DL sized slim cards for quite some time now. I finally found a DL sized die from Pink Fresh that has the stitching detail on them! Bought those puppies SO fast, you wouldn't believe it! 

I had planned to do a layout for the Mr Handsome post but I was also wanting to experiment with my new dies, so cards it is! One with mixed media, the other a little more CAS. 


I used one of the new Mr Handsome stencils along with modeling paste and highlighted it with Navy blue Water Ink. A bit of stamping of course! Then I dove into creating a WOW focal point with my papers and some embellishments, ie, flowers, chipboard, a metal pen nib and microbeads. 



To alter the chipboard gears, I used the 13 Arts Rusty Bronze powder applied with gel medium. Then I activated it with the Reagent. After they were good and dry, I added my florals and then the gears. For more oomph, I added more Rusty Bronze along with Reagent for a good rusting vibe. When everything was dry, I added some brown microbeads and a jute bow. 



On my second card, I decided to go a bit more simple although I did also do some stamping on this one as I did the first card. Other than that, no mixed media except to alter the florals. 



This was a matter of layering some the ephemera elements, adding the florals and a metal clock face. 



To make the cards a bit more cohesive, I added some rusting materials to these flowers as well and gave them a sprinkling of the brown microbeads. 

My man has gotten accustomed to seeing flowers on his cards, so we are all good there! 



Here are a few of the materials that I've used for this project. Everything is 13 Arts except for the 49 and Market flowers. 

Thanks so much for coming by today! 

I certainly appreciate your visit! 


Sandi





No comments:

Post a Comment