Friday, April 9, 2021

Memories ~ Mixed media Oval Home Decor piece for Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 

Are you as addicted to the Home Decor pieces as I am? 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing my latest project for Creative Embellishments. 



I've seen a few artists using an Oval shape for their mixed media projects and I thought, hmmmm, why not give it a whirl? 

Give me a Creative Embellishments Home Decor piece, the supplies to make my crackle background and away I go with my inks and embellishments! This has to be one of the absolute MOST satisfying types of art for me right now! 

So, I began with my Oval wood decor piece and added 13 Arts modeling paste infused with 13 Arts texture paste and applied that to my wood piece before going to bed one evening. I let it air dry overnight and woke up to the most amazing crackle!  I grabbed by 13 Arts inks that morning and began adding color to the piece. For splatters, I did use some Tim Holtz Wild Honey Oxide spray. The 13 Arts colors were Woodbine, Burnt Sienna and Salmon. Also, I used a few Prima waxes. For dimension I've done a bit of random stamping with the Circle Bokeh Stamp although much of it got covered. 


Along with the Oval piece, I've used one of the awesome border pieces that also make great vertical embellishments. This time I chose the Distressed Circle Border and altered it with walnut ink and various waxes. 

I had just received the Dandelions chipboard which I ordered to use with another photo but I thought it looked great for this project and used it here instead! It was painted cream but then I added so many other colors that I lost track. But love how it turned out! 

After adding a few florals and moss, I tucked in one of the Fly Away Flair


                                Here is a close-up of the Dandelions bits falling towards the ground. 

You can also visualize the various waxes that I added as highlights. 

And lastly, a close-up of the bottom of the Distressed Circle Border
A few gold micorbeads finish off my new Decor piece. 

Thanks for coming by today! 
All the CE product links are listed below. 

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 

Wood Home Decor:

Oval

Chipboard:

Distressed Circle Border

Dandelions

Flair:

Fly Away Flair

Stamp:

Circle Bokeh Stamp


No comments:

Post a Comment