Thursday, April 1, 2021

Monochromatic April Challenge

Welcome to April and the April Creative Embellishments Challenge. 

This month our challenge is to make a monochromatic project and the twist is to add washi tape. You are allowed to use black and white, thank goodness! 

 I decided ... finally ... to go with Coral. 

I've used a new paper from 13 Arts called "In Love" and it has a very neutral background that I felt would be within the challenge rules. After adding some old Tim Holtz washi tape and some random stamping, I selected my new  Intricate Floral piece and dabbed it with snowy white paint. Ultimately I decided to trim off a portion of it and added it to the opposite side of my layout. Because this piece is so intricate, I opted against doing any wet media such as with a stencil. 

My title piece was painted with 13 Arts Coral acrylic paint. I used the coordinating Cinnamon mist for splatters around my page as well as to enhance the focal area. Lastly, I tucked in a Flair that has Coral tones and added some Coral tinted microbeads and white pearls. 

Here are some close-ups for you: 


Although monochromatic can be intimidating, it is seriously fun once you select your color. The specific additional products besides the Intricate Floral are: Sparkle wherever youCircle Bokeh Stamp and Seasons Change Flair.

I hope you have a chance to play along this month and win a gift certificate to the CE Store! 

Thanks for coming by! 

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 

Chipboard:

 Intricate Floral

 Sparkle wherever you

Stamp:

 Circle Bokeh Stamp

Flair:

 Seasons Change Flair


2 comments: