Monday, November 22, 2021

Back in Time ~ mixed media layout for 13 Arts

Happy Monday, creative friends! 

Today I'm sharing my most recent project for 13 Arts

I decided to scrap a photo of one of the granddaughters sitting during a softball game. 

She really likes it and her team is doing great. 


For this layout, I've combined the new Home Sweet Home with the Back in Time collection and used elements from both. For example, the stamp, chipboard and stencil were from Back in Time while the papers are Home Sweet Home. The floral ephemera are actually the older In Bloom collection. 



It's always a little hard to get a perfectly square photo of a layout with a narrow border such as this one but I just left some white space around the perimeter and hope that's good enough for you! My layout wasn't laying as flat I needed it to. ha! 



My background color is actually watercolor this time around. Nothing fancy. Just applied after my clear gesso dried and moved around with water. 
For texture, I've added sisal and art stones. 



The finishing touch was paint splattering with the aqua and then the white. 



Here's a close-up where you can visualize the stamping done with brown archival ink as well as the added chipboard florals also altered with watercolors. 



I rummaged through my pearls and rhinestone collection and found these dark aqua pearls and thought they'd prove a nice touch of glam. 



Here I tucked in one of the End of Summer Paper Clips. 



This last little corner was for balance and it is simply 3 pieces pf ephemera from the Back in Time collection. 

Thanks for coming by today! 
If you need some retail therapy, I hope you will visit the 13 Arts store.

See you next time! 
Sandi








1 comment: