Monday, November 1, 2021

November Sketch Challenge! ~ "Everyday" layout for Creative Embellishments

Hello, creative friends! 
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! 

It is November 1st and time for a new Challenge over at Creative Embellishments. 
This month it is a sketch challenge and the twist is to splatter paint on my project! 
I will include the sketch below. 

"Everyday" 

It took me a few minutes to figure out how I wold interpret the sketch and also what CE products I would feature. 

I started with a great but older photo of a granddaughter playing in the Fall leaves. However, I didn't go with the Fall theme but chose instead some of the new papers and ephemera from 13 Arts Aurora collection. Once I knew I was going in a feminine, romantic direction, it was easy to select my chipboard. 

For the horizontal piece I went with the gorgeous Lacy Border which I dabbed with white gesso. In fact, for a shabby chic theme, I did all the chippys and wood veneer the same way. 

For the background, I've used the Small Stars Stencil and also did some random stamping with brown ink and the Circle Bokeh Stamp


My frame for the primary focal area is the Viney Flourish Frame. I thought it went nicely with the intricate Lacy Border

In order to provide a cohesive project, I wanted to go with circular frame for the other photo and just chose the largest ring from the Rings For So Many Things. To ramp it up just a bit, I added the word Fly using the letters from the Alphabet Game Pieces



My actual title piece comes from the Everyday Word Set which has several great choices for a generic title. 
Here you can also spot the fun butterfly flair button from the Fly Away Flair set. 



Here is that frame and title for the upper right focal area. 
I also tied the two areas together by using similar ephemera in different sizes. 



My florals are all from the new Sharon Ziv Collection for Prima Marketing. 
Lots of texture has been added using pearls, art stones and sisal. 



I took a few shots across the project to capture some of the dimension I created. 



From the other side. 



And one last look at that gorgeous  Viney Flourish Frame




And here is the sketch as promised. 
I hope you can find time to play along, 

See you next time! 

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 
Chipboard: 
Alphabet Game Pieces (wood veneer)
Stencil: 
Stamp:
Flair: 

No comments:

Post a Comment