Tuesday, November 23, 2021

My First Christmas Cards of the Season ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 
Sandi here with you today sharing my first two Christmas Cards of this Season. 

My all-time favorite Christmas chipboard set is the  Jumping Deer set, so I knew that would be a great warm-up motivator! 


I always love seeing the Jumping Deer encircled in a frame or against a round backdrop of some kind such as the round Artist Trading Coins. So, I dug through my Christmas stash and chose the Ornament Frames
I choose to alter them with an antique white paint as were the reindeer. Then I added color as needed especially to the reindeer to make them more realistic. 



It is impossible to choose a favorite reindeer from the CE store but this guy might be it if I had to choose one. That rack is so majestic! 
I'm not much of a Stickles fan but I do pull them out for Christmas, so I've dabbled both Diamond and Cinammon as needed. 



Both cards feature a large snowflake from the Large Snowflake Set and these were actually painted with a bright white and embellished with the Diamond Stickles. Then I mounted the title piece on the large Snowflake. The titles were altered with walnut stain and Cinammon Stickles. 

***


The second card was created in the same way but features a small snowflake from the Chipboard Snowflakes as well as the larger snowflake from the Large Snowflake Set



My alterations were the same and the papers were almost identical with a little variety near the top! 
(Papers are older Blue Fern and florals are really old Petaloo.) 

Okay, two done and how many to go? 

These were pretty quick and simple! 
Choosing the papers and elements takes me longer than the actual assembly most times! 

Thanks for coming by the blog today! 
See you next time. 

Sandi

Creative Embellishments products used: 

2 comments:

  1. Very inspirational! I need ideas for NEXT Christmas! I think I've found them here!

    ReplyDelete