Friday, June 11, 2021

"Love, Lucy" an Oversized, Loaded Tag ~ Creative Embellishments

Hey there, creative friends! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing one of my favorite kinds of projects - an oversized tag! 

I love, love, love working on these Large Tags that Nicolle has in the CE store. 

Golly, these things are 5.5"w x 10"h ... so such a perfect size to get your creative fix for the day!

 I dearly love loading these babies up with layers and layers of products. 

For today's Tag, I've used 8 Creative Embellishments products, not to mention the paper, ephemera, flowers and ink products. 



This time around I've used a vintage photo of Lucille Ball and used lots of ephemera from both Tim Holtz and 13 Arts. My florals are all 49 and Market. 

The  base paper added to cover the tag is from 13 Arts "In Bloom" collection as is some of the ephemera. The remainder is from various Tim Holtz collections. After adhering my paper to the tag, I added a layer of crackle paste and let that air dry. Once it dried, I sprayed it with Ranger Distress spray in Peeled Paint. When that was dry, I did some random stamping with the Distressed Harlequin Stamp.



My next layer after that was the Distressed Clocks fragments which were painted with the Walnut Distress Spray. While I was doing that, I also painted the same walnut spray to the Checker Border which I eventually used as my vertical element under my focal area. 


I painted the Flourish Set 27 with both Distress Stain in Peeled Paint as well as in the Oxide version which looks a like patina here. In this photo you can also see one of the gold moons from the Mirrored Gold Moon Set. Perfect for the layout recognizing this Hollywood figure. 



I thought that the Love Lock and Key Border Set would go nicely with my Lucy theme because .... doesn't everybody love Lucy? It has been altered with 13 Arts Alexandrite Color Glow. Here you can also see some of the 13 Arts Gold microbeads I used for texture. 



I find myself buying and using the Flourish Set 27 over and over. There are SO many great Flourish pieces in the CE store but this one has my heart. You can get this Flourish as a single or a double. As noted above it was altered with Ranger's Peeled Paint Spray in Stain and in Oxide. 


I finished off with a Flair button, gold paint splatters instead of white gesso and added a light olive green bow of seam binding to the top of the tag. 

So, there you have it! 

Another loaded tag that was SO much fun to create! 


I have provided links below to all of the Creative Embellishments products! 

See you next time! 

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used:

Chipboard: 

Large Tags

Checker Border

Love Lock and Key Border Set

Flourish Set 27

Distressed Clocks

Stamp: 

Distressed Harlequin Stamp

Flair: 

Seasons Change

Acrylics:

Mirrored Gold Moon Set




2 comments:

  1. I'm really new here. Your Tag is beautiful! But will you do with it? Also, I see the products from CE products, do all the products have to be painted or decorated some how? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I display them in my craft room or I use like a greeting card with the message on the back of the tag. I have a large family so gift tags get used quickly. The chipboard can be left raw but usually I alter it with paint, inks or embossing powder.

      Delete