Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Off the Page for Creative Embellishments

Hello, creative friends! 
Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Today I'm sharing a project for Creative Embellishments which is an off the page 10" inch gear chippy. 
It is a stand-alone piece but I photographed it on papers that match the collection used. 



After deciding on the direction I wanted to go, I pulled out all the random steampunk and masculine products that I felt I might use on my composition. Then I added some 13 Arts Mr Handsome papers to line the large 10" Gear style 1 piece as well as the Round Ship Window Frame piece. Additionally, I matted my photo with the same paper collection. 

Before adhering those two large pieces, I altered them with both Ranger Distress inks as well 13 Arts water inks. The Round Ship Window Frame was inked in black and then I added waxes to provide some dimension and shine. 

I also added texture paste to the large gear piece before adding my color. 


My photo frame is from the Handsome Frame Set . It was altered with Ranger's Rusty Hinge stain. 

Next I went to work on the Gears (Set of 15) which are wood veneer. I quite liked the dirty side of them where you can see the laser burn but some of that did get covered in products! 

The Propellers were altered with walnut stain and then had waxes applied. 


I've been wanting to use the  Mini Pocket Watches and chose this mini version. I've altered it with Andulasite Color Glow from 13 Arts. 

The sweet Seahorse is a combination of mostly Rusty Hinge along with Wild Honey stains. Actually, I threw lots of products at this piece trying to get it exactly like I imagined it. After while, I lost track! But for the final element, I did add some Cinammon Stickles. 


Before adhering all the pieces, I used my 13 Arts Rusting Powder and the Reagent on my Gear pieces which is so much handier to use than vinegar. It gave me a fantastic rusted appearance! 



My last steps were adding 13 Arts Old Gold microbeads and then a twine bow as well as some sisal under the photo for texture. 

I am pretty pleased with how this turned out although I keep thinking it needs a little brightening. 

For the moment I am done! 


Here is the Challenge image: 


Can't wait to see your takes on the Challenge! 


Thanks again for coming by! 

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 

10" Gear style 1

Round Ship Window Frame

Handsome Frame Set

Propellers

Gears (Set of 15)

Mini Pocket Watches

Seahorse


1 comment: