Friday, May 28, 2021

Bring out the Stamps! ~ 13 Arts group post

     Hello, creative friends! 

Do you like to use stamps? 

Well then, today is your day to enjoy some Stamp projects from the 13 Arts Design Team. 


I rarely share what I put in my journal but went outside my comfort zone to show how I break in my new stamps. I ink them up and then practice stamping with them in my journal ... or even on random scraps of paper. But doing it in my art journal gives me something permanent to refer back to. 


 
For today's project, I'm using the stamps from the new Young and Free collection as well as the floral stamp from Pastel Spring. 

I boxed in my text from the Young and Free stamp to define it a bit more. 




Then I added the floral and leaf designs around the margin of the text. 
I am a novice at actually using watercolors for anything but a random background. However, here I have tried my hand at having a play with them on my florals, leaves and even the background wash. 

Not exactly the kind of thing that I normally share but this is the best way to overcome our shortcomings.... just practice, practice, practice! 

Thanks for coming by today! 
Sandi



No comments:

Post a Comment