Monday, May 10, 2021

#100 Days of School ~ Cute layout for Creative Embellishments

Hello, creative friends! 
Sandi here with you today sharing a fun layout for Creative Embellishments

I had a couple of cute photos of my niece dressed up for the 100th Day of School celebration. Cutest little granny that I ever saw! 


Since I was going with a "school" theme, I chose one of the bright papers from 13 Arts Young and Free collection. 
As usual I prepped my paper with cleat gesso and then added some stenciling using the Typewriter Keys Stencil and modeling paste. I also did random stamping with the Binary Stamp

For a foundation piece for my photo. I opted to go with the Number Panel which I stained walnut brown and highlighted with red and peacock waxes. I cut it in 2 pieces since I was using 2 matted photos and I wanted the panel to be visible from both sides of the focal area. 

Then I backed my photos with paper corrugated cardboard to give them height. 


For fun theme based accents, I added a few wood veneer pieces from the CE store: Ruler (set of 6)Scissors (set of 6)Geek Chic Glasses (the heart and star) as well as using the chipboard Paper clips


As I went through my stash, I found some wood veneer Numbers and decided to include these in my title. Alas, I only had one set, so only a single Zero. To compensate, I opted to use the 8 instead and laid it on its side to create 1my 00. The rest of the title is computer generated. 


One of my last steps was adding some florals to soften the page and make it more more my shabby style. 



Then I splattered with both white gesso and black paint to define the focal area. 
Be sure you cover your photo with paper or packaging to protect it from the splatters. 



And here is how my sweet title turned out! I even found a sticker from the Young and Free collection that is perfect for my layout: We are the Future.


I think that about wraps it up for today. 

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog! 

I have included links below for all the items used from the Creative Embellishments store. 

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 

Chipboard: 

Number Panel

Paper clips

Wood Veneer:

Numbers

Ruler (set of 6)

Scissors (set of 6)

Geek Chic Glasses

Stencil:

Typewriter Keys Stencil

Stamp:

Binary Stamp


1 comment: