Monday, May 24, 2021

Under the Stars ~ Moon Mini Album for Creative Embellishments

Hello, creative friends! 
Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing a sweet baby album using the awesome Moon Mini Album, lots of other chipboard and one of my favorite 13 Arts paper collection, Under the Stars. 
For this album, I've chosen newborn photos from our sweet grand baby Joel.

 
This project was a little hard to photograph because I was determined to use one of the new CE chipboard pieces called Wavy Flourish. It is such a grand piece, you absolutely need to check it out! It provided great movement across the front cover. I embellished it with one simple floral and a title cut from the Under the Stars ephemera sheet and mounted on patterned paper. I covered all the moon shaped album pieces with my same paper collection. 
A few gold stars from 13 Arts and the cover was done. I did go ahead and punch the hole for the jump ring but waited on the album assembly until the end. 



Here is a second photograph of the project with some of the pages opened up to give you a sneak peek of what's coming! 



And as always, I went chunky even though this album is slender, I packed in a lot of stuff just for fun. I did not add pockets or flaps but you certainly could if so desired! 



Here is the inside cover which I kept pretty simple with papers, a title and some stars from the Star Pieces set. These painted white and then randomly dabbed with gold mist to coordinate with the added gold stars. The white die cut was already laying on my desk, waiting for a home. 



Awww, and here are a few of Joel's sweet photos. I incorporated the word BABY using the Alphabet Blocks, 2 sets so that I would have 2 Bs. I also encircled the bottom photo with an element from the Love Artist Trading Coins. It was painted white to coordinate with other elements. 



Again, I reached for some ATCs and used more of the Love Artist Trading Coins.




On this page I opted to add some teal chalk ink to the white Love Artist Trading Coins.
A few die cuts, photo and done! 




Every boy needs a kite, right? So, I applied the same treatment as above to this sweet kite from the 
Kites chipbard set. 
For dimension I added some pearl drops and let them dry overnight. Additionally, I added some florals to the kite mainly for height so that it couldn't get stuck to the facing page. 




This time I used a coin from the Shape Artist Trading Coins to feature this really touching photo of Joel's daddy holding him. 




Next up was "momma" because I wanted her photo to be facing the page with the large sentiment piece. 
This last coin was from the Family ATC Coin set. I love the mood that the tree created for this set of pages. 




And here is that stellar I love you to the moon..  title piece which I painted with walnut stain so that it would have some contrast on this lighter color paper which I love and wanted to use somewhere. 
A few stars and flowers keep everything consistent! 




And finally the back cover with I wanted to keep flat, so die cuts and stars only, no chipboard. 



And ha, ha, one more chunky photo because I just couldn't resist! 

Now just because I leaned heavily on the ATC pieces doesn't mean there isn't other awesome pieces that you could choose from. There are a myriad of directions that you could go. ... even mixed media steampunk or whatever. 
However, ever since Joel was born and we got his diagnosis, it has been on my heart to create a baby album for his momma. 

Thanks for coming by today! 
As always we appreciate your support of Creative Embellishments. 
Below is a list of the CE products used. 

Sandi





Creative Embellishments products used: 

Moon Mini Album

Wavy Flourish

Love Artist Trading Coins, 2 sets

Family ATC Coin

Shape Artist Trading Coins

Star Pieces

Kites

I love you to the moon..

.Alphabet Blocks, 2 sets


13 Arts Under the Star collection 

available at the 13 Arts online store or Bluemoon Scrapbooking 


No comments:

Post a Comment