Tuesday, June 22, 2021

"Shaking it Up" for Creative Embellishments

Good morning, Creative Embellishments fans! 
Sandi here with you today sharing a couple of cute shaker cards.


I do not profess to be a skilled shaker-maker but since I have some family birthdays coming up soon, I thought I'd start making a few and replenish my card stash. Everyone seems to really enjoy getting a shaker and doing the little shake, shake, shake! 
And yes, sometimes there is a little booty shaking to go along with it. :) 

I still love, love my 13 Arts "Travel the World" collection and have used it for both of these cards, relying on the 6x6 paper pad linked below. 

Aren't these two cards just so bright and cheerful?! 



I started with the Flower Shaker as I've been wanting to give it whirl. I backed the flower similarly to backing a cut file being sure to stain my chipboard first so that that step was done. I went walnut brown to get a very dark brown. Then I assembled my shaker which is simply the circle in the center of the flower. Tip: Mark a spot for alignment on both your chipboard and backing paper for faster matching to assemble. 

I used the Rusty shaker mix from Buttons Galore and More and also added a few brown microspheres from 13 Arts. 

My sentiment is from the Small Sentiment Words set. 

To bring the card up a notch design-wise, I added some old 3-D stickers from my stash. And lastly, added a quick tiny single loop bow! 

Even my husband had to stop and take a look and give me his thumbs up! 




Next, I worked on this cute little Bee shaker

Adorable! 

I fussy cut some yellow paper from the Travel the World collection to adhere in the area of the wings. Otherwise, I left my Bee with walnut brown stain. 

I filled the bottom of the shaker with Safari Sunrise from Buttons Galore and More. It is the bomb ... my absolute favorite shaker mix to date. 

Next I added my sentiment again from the Small Sentiment Words

For embellishment, I went with an extra long-tailed bow topped with a velvet leaf and a small flower. 

So, now I've got 2 cards done and about 10 more to go for my June birthday people. 

Thanks for coming by the blog today. 

You'll find shopping links below. 

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used:

 Flower Shaker

Bee shaker

Small Sentiment Words


13 Arts products used:

Paper pad 6x6 "" TRAVEL THE WORLD "


1 comment: