Friday, July 9, 2021

Quick and Easy Birthday Cards with Sandi Clarkson

Hello Creative Embellishments fans! 
Thanks for coming by the blog today.
Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing a couple of quick and easy cards. 

For me, the hardest part is coming up with my design. So if that's you're problem as well, just do a little scraplifting of my basic design or sketch and make it your own. 



This first one is for a sweet girl with a June birthday, so I've used some pastel papers from 13 Arts Pastel Spring paper collection and added my chipboard. I did add some paper punching for a feminine touch as well.

The party hats are from the Creative Embellishments Birthday Hats set and are simply painted with distress paint and popped up on dimensional squares. The etching detail on the hats ramp them up without any other need to embellish unless you wish. 

The title is from the Birthday Word Set and is painted to match one of the art hats. 

A couple of butterfly die cuts and a tiny row of pearls and this one is done! 




This next card is more rugged so it's appropriate for a guy or for a young adult. 
I applied 3 rows of paper and then painted my two pieces of chipboard with a navy spray paint from 13 Arts. 

On the left you can see the awesome Washi Tape Cluster Shape 2  set which can really stand on its own design-wise and can be used so many ways. You will probably want to pick this one up next time you shop the store!

On the right is the You Rock piece from the Music Artist Trading Coins set which I backed with paper from one of the die cut packages because I thought the rusty, orange went well with the denim paper. 

I've added a couple of die cut screws in the right hand corner and now this one is done as well except for the inside sentiment. 




So, here they are photographed together. They certainly don't match but they are now in my June/July birthday stash and ready for giving. Of course, the grands will be expecting a little cash in there as well, ha! 

I hope this inspires you to just get busy and start working on your card stash!
They don't all have to be a work of art! 

Just use your stash and save yourself a few dollars for art supplies, right? 

See you next time. 
Sandi



Creative Embellishments products used: 

Birthday Word Set

Birthday Hats

Music Artist Trading Coins

Washi Tape Cluster Shape 2


No comments:

Post a Comment