Friday, July 9, 2021

Serenity ~ Mixed Media Canvas for 13 Arts Design Team

Hello, 13 Arts fans! 

Today I'm sharing a mixed media canvas created with loads of 13 Arts products. My crackle background was done with modeling paste and Magic texture paper. After the canvas dried overnight, I began adding color the next morning. 

I started simply enough with painting on Violet Water Ink followed by Olive Green Water Ink. I used my spray mister to move the ink and create the pattern. Next I painted on the Indigo Chalk mist, drying each color as worked. 

When everything was nice and dry I created a Custom Metallic Wax using Citrine and Amber Color Glows mixed with glossy Decoupage Wax. I love how that work out and brushed it on with a stipple brush. I also colorized my Sunrise chipboard butterfly using the custom wax. 

Since I wanted to work with jewel tones, I went through my Pastel Spring ephemera as well as my older In Bloom ephemera and planned how I would arrange these.



Next, I added some lime green roots in a few strategic areas and then began adding my photo and other embellishments. My photo is mounted on 3 layers of corrugated cardboard, so I have plenty of room to add embellishments. 

I actually worked on the lower left hand corner first and once I completed that, I focused on my focal area. 



I like to take some photos that will give you an idea of the dimension I like to create. 
For interest, I tucked in a few metal embellish, this clock and also the spoon on the left which I filled with gold microspheres. 



Feeling that something was missing under the photo, I added some dried gold canella which looks nice lying on the green roots and blends in with the microspheres. Over to the left of the photo, I've added a Flair badge that was from the 2020 late Fall release. 



The Colors Glows that were added to the decoupage was, makes the butterfly really pop. 
And I've always loved these bumblebees from the In Bloom collection, so had to add them here. 

Here are a few more close-ups: 




And these were my color products. 


It was exhilarating to get my fingers inky after being away from my scrap table for the past 2 weeks. Lots of family events going on! 

Thanks for coming by today! 
See you next time. 
Sandi 



No comments:

Post a Comment