Friday, August 13, 2021

Young Adult Card and Tag Set ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, creative friends! 
Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing a new Card and Tag set that's perfect for a young adult or anyone who might be envisioning new beginnings! 

I took two frames from the Oval Ornate Frames 2 set and altered them differently to demonstrate how your alteration can make a difference even with the same paper and embellishments. 


Here they are! 

Both were created using my fave 13 Arts Travel the World paper and ephemera collection. Hope you are not getting tired of seeing it! 

Each piece has a different frame but they are both from that Oval Ornate Frames 2 set which includes 3 frames. 

Love how these turned out! 


On the card, I cut strips of paper about 1.25 inches and layered them across my card base. That made a perfect backdrop for the gorgeous Oval frame. I used Tim Holtz's Salvaged Patina paint to alter the chipboard and then finished up with layered ephemera from my paper collection. To provide some texture, I added art stones of various sizes. 



Of course, as you can probably guess, I really like this tag because the chipboard frame was altered with Walnut Stain. Haha! Gotta love my walnut stain especially for an outdoorsy project. 

But hopefully, you can determine which technique works best for you. Ordinarily, I would have altered the set the same way but my purpose today was demonstrating how radically different the chipboard can change depending upon how you alter it! 

Thanks for coming by the blog today! 

There are lots of new items in the CE store if you need some retail therapy! 

See you next time! 

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 


No comments:

Post a Comment