Sunday, August 1, 2021

13 Arts August Challenge #105 ~ Floral Canvas

Welcome to August 1st, creative friends! 
Today I'm  sharing my Design Team take on the August moodboard over at @13Arts Instagram account. 
I've shared the moodboard image below and want to reassure you that once you dive in and start, the creativity will flow! 
I am not a bright rainbow-colored creator but with the right photo and products, I now have a lovely canvas to brighten up my creative space. 


First I created my crackle with 13 Arts modeling paste mixed with texture paste. I also let it sit overnight but this time it actually sat for 2 nights due to my hectic summer schedule. 

I painted on my base colors: olive green water ink, pearl gold mist, pearl pink mist to achieve the hot pink, and finished with a mix of pastel dirty pink mist along with violet water ink.

Because I wanted to include the pop of bright blue, I colorized some white 13 Arts ribbon with the pastel cobalt mist. 



When everything on the base area was good and dry, I made a couple of different custom metallic waxes with the Amber Color Glow and the Rubelite Color Glow. I love rubbing the metallic wax on my background to provide highlighting of the ridges and valleys. 

I finally used some awesome lime green dried flowers from 13 Arts to provide a base under my photo. Once that and the ribbon was secure, I began tucking ephemera and 3d florals all around. The bright pink floral ephemera was from the Victoriana collection ... of all things! 



I included the awesome frame from the Victoriana chipboard which I painted with the Rubelite Color Glow. 
To balance my focal point, I added this cluster on the left and included a piece of the chipboard here as well. 

I tucked in purple dried roots here and there over the canvas for additional texture. 




To ramp up the texture even more, I've added gold microbeads and pink fine grit both from 13 Arts. 




When all the beads and grit were adhered, I dabbed and splattered white gesso for a finishing, blending touch! 



And of course, so many flowers! 

Below is the Challenge image! 
I hope you will play along. 
Be sure and use the hashtag #13artsAug2021



Thanks for coming by today! 
Sandi



#13artsmodelingpaste
#13artstexturepowder
#13artsambercolorglow
#13artsrubelitecolorglow
#13artsolivegreenwaterink
#13artsvioletwaterink
#13artspastelcobalt
#13artspasteldirtypink
#13artspearlpink
#13artspearlgold
#13artscustommetallicwax
#13artsgoldmicrospheres
#13artsvictoriannachipboard
#13artsfadedpinkgrit
#13artsvictoriannaephemera
#13artsinbloomephemera
#13artsinloveepehemera
#decoupagewax
#driedroots
#13artsdriedflowers
#13artswhiteribbon
#8x10canvas


No comments:

Post a Comment