Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Home is Where the Heart Is ~ 13 Arts

Hello, creative friends! 

Today I'm sharing my newest layout created for 13 Arts  Design Team using the NEW Home Sweet Home collection. 

I just received my box of newly released products a couple of days ago and it was SO hard to decide what to feature first. Since some of the other collections have gotten some press, I turned to the gorgeous Home Sweet Home collection. Although it was released with the cooler months in mind, it is also all things cozy and home-y! 

Interestingly, I choose a photo taken of our "missionary family" right before they left for the mission field and certainly for them, home is wherever they are as a family! 


I am so in love with the striped paper in this collection called Evening with Family and I paired it with the gorgeous Frosty Morning paper. 
After prepping my papers with clear gesso, I added some stenciling with modeling paste and the Chocolate stencil. Later I added color there with the new Turquoise Color Glow. Yummy! 

Also, I did some random stamping with the Home Sweet Home stamp. 

I deviated a bit on this project and actually composed the lower corner before I actually worked on the primary focal area. I wanted to create a little "reading nook" design with all the great ephemera in the ephemera packet. So fun to do! 



I cut out a couple of tags that were from the back cover of the paper pad and used those as photo mats. I also tucked in a Sticker and covered it with a cabochon. Of course, I added some florals and art stones at the end. 



My chipboard title was colorized with the new Goldstone Color Glow! Wow, I've needed this one in my life, ha! Actually, all the new colors are SO gorgeous! 



The leaves were colored with my fave Olive Green Water Ink although the watercolor set would work as well. 



And my sweet little nook area. This could actually be representative of Maddie's private time or of those of us back home praying for them. Especially her momma. 



Just another little corner of interest. 



And lastly, I close-up of some of the stenciling and color work. 

I hope you liked my layout and all of these items except for the actual florals are available at the 13 Arts online store. For those of us in the USA, I know that Bluemoon Scrapbooking usually carries 13 Arts products, so you could check there first if you like. 

Thanks so much for dropping by! 
See you next time! 

Sandi




No comments:

Post a Comment