Wednesday, September 22, 2021

My Passion ~ 13 Arts

Hello, 13 Arts fans! 

Sandi here with you today sharing my most recent creation with the new 13 Arts Carmen collection. 

I had found a few awesome publicity photos of the Spanish dancer Joaquin Cortes and thought they would be a powerful way to feature this gorgeous collection. 

 


First I prepped the center of my paper with clear gesso and then went around the edges of the paper with Black gesso and a dabbing tool. I did the same to the left of the photo. 

When that was dry,  I pushed the Black gesso through the Flower Power stencil somewhat randomly. Later I randomly stamped with the postage image from the new Back in Time stamp. I think this one is going to be my new favorite stamp! 



I wanted to make use of the fabulous transparency that coordinates with the Carmen papers and fussy cut the hanging lights as well as the black leaves to tuck into my floral area. 



I also took a few leaves from the Carmen chipboard and painted those black, then dabbed them with the new Rose Quartz Color Glow. 



In this photo you can see the stamp in the upper right corner. 
I had fun creating this small cluster at the bottom of my layout 



I added one of the stickers from the collection and raised it with corrugated cardboard backing and tucked it in under some netting that I've used under the focal photos. 



The ephemera florals are so wonderful and there are so many that you can fussy cut from the paper pad as well as from the Art Book Vol 3. Additionally, I tucked in a few 3 dimensional flowers but it really isn't a necessity as the Carmen florals are just amazing! 



My title is from the Carmen Ephemera package. I read that Dance was indeed this fellas passion. 
To enhance my focal area, I've used some of the new Rose Quartz Color Glow. 



Lastly, I added a few black microspheres for additional texture. 
You could also do some paint splattering but it really didn't seem necessary. 



Here is a collage of some the primary items used although the Black gesso was also a key player this time around. Not something that I use too often! 

Thanks so much for coming by! 
I hope you feel inspired to create. 

See you next time! 
Sandi




No comments:

Post a Comment