Friday, September 10, 2021

Lovely ~ New layout for Creative Embellishments

 Hello, Creative friends! 
Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing my newest creation for Creative Embellishments.


I went a little wild and crazy with the colors on this one but I was in the mood for something vibrant and different. When strolling through my 13 Arts papers, I came upon the Young and Free collection which I have not used all that much. 

M first choice of chipboard was the smallest of the Ornate Circle Frames. I decided to paint this black as well as the Distressed Circle Border. Later I highlighted these pieces with 13 Arts Golden Calcite Color Glow. 



While these were drying I prepped my background and did some stencil work with the Flourish Stencil 3.  For accents, I added some Garnet Color Glows using the transfer technique as well as moving with water. 



When modeling paste and Color Glow was dry, I added some papers from the Young and Free 6x6 paper pad and placed my photo on multiple layers of corrugated cardboard, placing it inside the Ornate Circle Frame and slightly to the left. 



For my title I choose the word Lovely from the Girl Word Set. It was altered the same as the other 2 black pieces and was mounted on some ephemera from the Young and Free collection. 



I was also wanting a little something for tucking in my clusters, so I used scraps from the Punchinella Panel and these were accented with the Golden Calcite Color Glow from 13 Arts. 



I continued down my wild and crazy color path and chose florals that would work with my color scheme. Additionally, I've used some great ephemera pieces from the Young and Free collection for further accents. 



Before wrapping up I added some red and turquoise seed beads and some fine sand grit. I probably could have deleted this step but I'll let you be the judge! 



Because this is a photo of one of my granddaughters, I wanted to add a Bible verse, I am hoping to do more of this in my crafting. 

I finished the project with watered down white gesso splatters. 

And that is it for today! 
I've provided all the links below to the various Creative Embellishments products. 

Thanks for coming by! 
Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 

Chipboard: 

Ornate Circle Frames

Girl Word Set

Stencil: 

Flourish Stencil 3

1 comment: