Monday, September 20, 2021

Mixed Media Monstera (Palm Leaf) Home Decor piece ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing my latest creation for CE Design Team.


As you may have noticed, many of us on the Design Team have really taken a liking to the Home Decor section of the CE store. Here you will find birch wood pieces in many different shapes. These are mostly 3/8 in thickness and make a perfect but unique surface upon which to create.

I made up a crackle paste and laid that down as a base one evening on my Palm Leaf and let it dry overnight. I also added some 13 Arts Glass Beads in the mix. The next morning I began tackling my exact color. Since I've done Olive Green quite a bit lately, I decided to try for a cooler green this time. 

My colors were obtained with 13 Arts Color Glows: Emerald, Amber, Smoky Quartz along with the Chalk Sap Green Mist. I also added a tiny bit of my Olive Green Water Ink in a few random areas. 
I am very pleased with how it turned out. 



I am crazy in love with the new-ish Fancy Filigree Flourish 
and have used it as a photo layer in the top left section of my altered leaf. It is so intricate and I adore all the various pretty swirls. I've altered it with 13 Arts Smokey Quartz and although it looks brown on the chipboard, it also has the most goreous silvery sheen to it. It really sparkles! 




Under all my photo layers I added some colored moss for texture. I used some fave 13 Arts In Bloom ephemera as well. 



For even more texture, I tucked in a random gold lace bit from Prima. 
Here you can also see some of the glass beads as well as my 13 Arts Gold microspheres and green mica flakes. 



On the bottom right of my leaf, I tucked in the flourish 18
which was altered the same as the aforementioned swirly flourish. 
I also created a custom metallic wax with Decoupage wax and my Amber Color Glow which I dabbed on to create some highlights on the ridges and so forth. 




Because my ephemera was floral in nature, I only need a few 3 dimensional blooms which I've tucked in a few places. 



And here is the last photo where you can see some of the color variations. 
I love me some Olive Green but sometimes, a girl needs to branch out and try something new, right? 

As for now this Home Decor piece is sitting in my craft room and inspiring me. Eventually I will turn loose of it and share it with a family member or friend. Such is the life of a paper crafter/mixedmedia artist. 

Thanks for coming by today. 
Check out the Creative Embellishments retail list below. 

Sandi



Creative Embellishments products used: 

Chipboard:

Fancy Filigree Flourish

flourish 18

Home Decor: 

Palm Leaf


No comments:

Post a Comment